May 1 Going to Church w/Mama

 


I only remember bits and pieces of going to church wuth MaMa & Daddy of course.  

I remember the building.  I remember seeing my daddy standing under the big tree at the edge of the parking lot with a few other men. 

I remember MaMa helping with 2 and 3 year olds in Sunday School.

What I really remember most is MaMa carrying her white Bible. She always carried a Kleenex in it.  MaMa didn't wear a hat or stole but the picture just is kind of my vision of what it was like.  



  I brought that Bible home with me when she passed.  My plan is to save it formy grand daughter.  

I would have been 9 when Daddy gave MaMa this Bible. 

I wish I had a picture of MaMa with that white Bible. 

I may not gave alot of actual memories of church prior to being in thw youth group.  I do remember VBS but that is another post for later this month. 

My memories are cloudy but the truth of God's love that I learned is Real.  

When I read Isaiah 66:13, I feel a sense of warmth and comfort wash over me. The image of a mother comforting her child is so powerful and reassuring, and it’s incredible to think that God’s love for us is just as nurturing and compassionate.

God is like a loving mother, always ready to comfort and support us in our time of need. No matter what we’re going through, we can always turn to God for comfort and guidance, just as a child turns to their mother for comfort.

This verse reminds me that no matter how challenging life may be, I’m never alone. God is always with me, providing me with the love and care I need to navigate even the toughest of situations.

So, whenever I feel overwhelmed or scared, I take comfort in knowing that God is there for me, just like a mother comforting her child. His love is a source of strength and reassurance that I can always rely on, no matter what. 

As a mother comforts her child, so will I comfort you; and you will be comforted over Jerusalem.  Isaiah 66:13

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How To Make a prayer and Scripture Favors Group Ministry Project

Cozy New Releases