Where Are Your Weeds

 


I had waited and waited to be 'back' in a house again.  When we got the call we litterally said "Yes" sight unseen.  Well almost we did go and look at it.  And the huge yards. (Front & Back)

I was getting a dog too!  

And then spring came.  Guess what else I got! A yard full of Dandelions. Oh my gosh!  No grass in front.  Just weeds. 

I have to say I wasn't smart enough to relate it with the verses in Matthew.  Given the chance God had many hours to speak to my heart as I mowed and toiled in that yard. 

I realized now I missed a Blessing . . . 

. . .  I missed the significance of thorns and what we call weeds.  


As I tried to grow veg and flowers I slowly began to realize what I was missing.  I watched little Bees flutter around my yard of yellow flowers(?) 

As I began to google how to manage my 'pests' I realized some people actually have Dandelion NoMow areas!  HUH.  Who would have think it? 

And as  I read our study I learned how like in the garden I need to be vigilant to weed out what is in my life and my heart that is not usuable to God.  

I admit my heart began to change about those Dandelions.   I even have a Dandelion quilt pattern that I plan to make some day.  'Who would 'a 'thunk it?   


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How To Make a prayer and Scripture Favors Group Ministry Project

Cozy New Releases