Sewing a Reversible Apron

 


See cutting instructions and fabric information in the fb post.  

https://www.facebook.com/groups/2197904716944207/permalink/6328618333872804/?mibextid=Nif5oz


Sewing the ties . . .

You will take each section (2 sides & 2 neck) 
Fold the long edges in half right (correct or pretty) sides facing (or touching) 
Pin along the long edges. 

Using the right edge of pressure foot as your guide . . . .

Sew the long edges. 
Pivot and sew across 1 short edge. 

Trim the corners and ends carefully.  

Turn  using a chop stitck poke into the end pushing it so that it is going inside tide. 

This is tedious to start. 
Keep poking and pulling the tie down until the end shows. 
End beginning to show. 
The end is out.  Continue pulling it out. 
If you have a steam iron press the ties flat.  Using the tip of the iron to push against the seams. 


The next photo shows a mistake.  I attached the neck ties wrong   . . .  

See how the tie is laying away from the apron?  
I had to use a seam ripper to unsewn . . . 
Getting ready to unsew.  

Pin the 2 large Apron section together.  The pretty side or right sides facing. 

You will be seeing the wrong sude of fabric. 

Put your pins in where they hang of the edge of fabric. 


Starting at the bottom corner pin a little over half way  across the bottom.  Using 1 white or other color pin 1 pin.  
About 4 " away pin another 1 pin.  
Cotinue pinning all the way around. 
 Pin all the way around. 

Now it is time to sew. 
See how my left hald is on top of fabric.  I am not pushing down. 
My right hand is below helping guide.  
I am not pulling.  I am allowing the fabric to feed through my fingers.  

I sew till I approach the white pins . . . 
. . . I am approaching a yellow pin.  I stop and remove it. 

Continue to the white pin . . . 
Stop take out white pin . . . 
With needle up raise pressure foot and pull project out to the left about 3 " allowing thread to trail.   

You are now going to jimp down to the next white pin. 


Now carefully put Apron back under the pressure foot and use your right  hand to turn  the wheel till needle goes back into fabric. 
Continue to sew around the Apron. 
Be sure to pull out pins.  Do not sew over pins. 


The photo shows the bottom corner wher my seams connected or crossed over each other.   
I continued sewing a few stitches before stopping so I do not have to cut thread on the edge.

This makes a cleaner vut and I don't have to worry about accidentally snipping my stitches.   

The next photos show the opening that was made when we jumped between the white pins. 

Now we are going to reach inside and pull the Apron through the hole. 
It takes a bit of work gently tugging and pulling.   
But the Apron will come through the hole.  
 
This photo shows the corner where the ties are stitched to the finished Apron . . . 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How To Make a prayer and Scripture Favors Group Ministry Project

Cozy New Releases