December Daily Making Tags Ideas & DIY

Our Prompt/Homework List 


Today we are picking up at

 #3 No Tangled Tinsel.  

When we are in December this is the day to finish getting out the rest of your decorations. 



When our kids were little and we moved into our Family Home I began decorating on December 1st. For a few years that was plenty of time. 

Then one year at Thanksgiving we were sitting at the table it was roughly 12:30 maybe.  

My husband picks up his plate turns to our son and tells him to do the same.  

I however am still enjoying my Turkey and 1st serving of Dressing. 

He then proceeded to come back into the dining room and started carting all the dishes back into the kitchen.  

That is until he saw me with a fork hovering over his hand when he tried to take my Dressing.  

Don't get between me and my Dressing! 

That was the last time we had lunch on Thanksgiving Day.  

That was when I started decorating on Wednesday. 

Our meal was on Sunday when the man and boy returned from the deer lease.  

No Tangled Tinsel in our house! 

Let's make Tags . . .

Here are some I made for our project. 
This is a Junk Journal page I received in a SWAP.  I wanted to share the tag that was inside ...
Isn't it cute?  The artist used a lot of Green Glitter.  There is lace at the bottom.  It is more the shape of a book mark.  


A couple more tags from a Victorian Theme Valentines Day Project.  

The two small Tags go inside this larger Tag.  There is a strip of paper glued across to stick the Tags under.  It is called a Belly Band.  

Below is the Tag we will be
 re-creating . . . 
This is the front.  I plan to add something to cover the Green ink stamp that didn't work. 

This us the back.  Re-creating the vertical text paper and stripe and stickers. 
 
The paper pak I am using has several sheets of paper with words.  
I think this one works . . . 



What I will use for the front. 
 
I measured and drew a cutting line 
I use my paper cutter because I can't cut straight. 

I decided on the Green.  See the scraps.  I have a plan for them.  I don't throw much away.   Even tiny pieces can be reused.  

Deciding on the stripe paper.  
I inked the edges of the manila cardstock with Red.  I think it needs a Brown for a Vintage look.  I will do that when the Tag is completed.  

The sticker with greenery recreated the stripe fabric. 

I wanted to use the sticker that says 
Family Traditions to Re-tell the story of the deer hunters and the Thanksgiving Table. 


Remember the scraps? Here is what I did with them . . . 


I hope you have fun making Tags for your December Daily! 




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How To Make a prayer and Scripture Favors Group Ministry Project

Cozy New Releases