stes 3:1 Monday

 


The book of Ecclesiastes in the Bible speaks raw truth about life: there is a time for everything. We can make all the plans we want and dream our dreams; there may be seasons for that, but then there are the storms of life that hit us with their pelting water droplets that sting and attempt to wash every dream (and sometimes our reality) away.


Everything is so temporary. Life changes in an instant, and the more we dwell on what we cannot control, the more joy is stolen. None of us has control over the seasons of our lives and the storms that blow our way, but we can control where to drop our anchor. 


I've chosen to drop my anchor in the Sea of Hope. Even when the waves are crashing down on me and those I love at times, my anchor holds. Lots of "stuff" has been washed overboard in some of the storms of life, but the one thing that has remained constant is my Hope and finding joy in the journey. Sometimes, I cannot see the joy clearly through the pain and tears of the waves I cannot control, but the joy remains because I know God is faithful and sovereign. And so  I remain steadfast, clinging to Hope. 


"You will make known to me the way of life; in Your presence is fullness of joy; in Your right hand are pleasures forever."       Psalm 16:11

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How To Make a prayer and Scripture Favors Group Ministry Project

Cozy New Releases