Give In Love Devotional by Rachel MacManus

 



Give In Love 


Good Morning Sunshines! What a marvelous day the Lord has made! Today I am thankful for being able to give. I can remember what it was like when I was younger to not have much and to have to accept charity from others. I am no longer embarrassed because of it for it has made me who I am today. There were kind-hearted people that gave to me when I would have had nothing at times. I am grateful for the opportunity to give back…to give to someone who is desperately in need. When we give of ourselves, we are giving in the spirit of God. Sometimes, it isn’t easy to give what God has asked for us to give. We also have the opportunity to pray for these unknown people that will receive these things. Praying for their salvation is the greatest reward we could give anyone. Do you take the opportunity to pray for those that may receive clothing or food and supplies that you donate? Have you ever been in the position where you had to receive charity from another? I always put myself in the other person’s place when I give clothing or other things, because I have been in that position. It also keeps down the penchant we have as human beings to boast in what we 2 GIVE IN LOVE do for others. If you were in the position to receive charity because you are hungry or in tattered rags, would you want to be photographed and documented on social media by someone that claims love while distressing you? May the Lord bless those that receive these things and that through an act of charity, love and kindness they and their families will be saved…Be blessed and not stressed Ya’ll! 

Matthew 6:1-4 “Be careful not to practice your righteousness in front of others to be seen by them. If you do, you will have no reward from your Father in heaven. 2 “So when you give to the needy, do not announce it with trumpets, as the hypocrites do in the synagogues and on the streets, to be honored by others. Truly I tell you, they have received their reward in full. 3 But when you give to the needy, do not let your left hand know what your right hand is doing, 4 so that your giving may be in secret. Then your Father, who sees what is done in secret, will reward you.

 Proverbs 11:24-25 24 One person gives freely, yet gains even more; another withholds unduly, but comes to poverty. 25 A generous person will prosper; whoever refreshes others will be refreshed.  

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How To Make a prayer and Scripture Favors Group Ministry Project

Cozy New Releases